Monday, February 9, 2009

chap goh meh + birthday

Today is Chap Goh Mei and also the 21st birthday of our youngest son. We had a double celebration with a simple and happy meal at home.

Earlier in the morning I went to buy roast duck from my favourite shop in Pelita Commercial Centre. I've been a loyal customer of Seng Kee for the past ten years.

I like this out-of-focus and over-exposed image, xD. No need to be perfect all the time, haha!

A 007aa

What about this one to whet your appetite? Making you drool? You must be hungry now...

A 025a

The boss was so busy with customers queuing up that he ignored me taking the pics. I would highly recommend this shop; it's also very popular among Bruneians too. The people are friendly; the pricing is fair and the meats are juicy, tender and well-caramelized.

A 029a

I like this B & W photo of the boss in action! xD

A 049a

Happy birthday Abel! We love you so much! May God bless and keep you always! Abel was amused by the size of the birthday cake, xD.

2009.02.09 080

For tonight's meal, the menu was:

Traditional birthday Mee Suah with hard boiled eggs and chicken soup
Boneless Roast Duck
Broccoli with seafood and button mushrooms
Stewed duck wings with feet
Fried Kway Tiaw

2009.02.09 032

So how was your Chap Goh Meh? Love to hear from you! xD

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    Happy birthday to your son, Abel. Looks like a nice feast especially the stew duck feet and the cute little piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah...your response is so quick, CK! Thanks for your kind comments and well wishes - I will pass your message to my son, xD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are such a good father, a blessed father. I was touched when i read your post. I don't know why i shed tears but i did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by JLG! And thanks for your warm comments! You have an interesting food blog - I've added it in my blogroll! xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Abel!! How was my Chap Goh Meh? hmm.. Just nothing special happen. I took some pictures of Fireworks.. going to post it tomolo. Happy Belated Chap Goh Meh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wah... so much food for just 4 people to eat! As usual, your food always looks so good. I am beaten by you on this thing.

    I have been buying small cakes for my boys for quite sometime already. In fact, they went to the cake shop to choose their own small cake. It is so much fun! I am sure you have so much fun also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Victor - thanks for your well wishes, I'll let my son know.
    William - how can I dare to challenge you in cooking skills? You're my Sifu! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Duck is always a winner!
    And I see your broccoli and mushroom dish!
    Nice dinner for nice family!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Happy Birthday to Abel.Nice photos and nice food!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Philip! I will pass your well wishes to my son! xD

    ReplyDelete
  11. James... not in cooking lah. I can't beat you in cooking. Our styles are quite different. I am the kampong style and yours... delicate!

    ReplyDelete